RIXC is one of the EMAP (European Media Art Platform) partners together with 10 other excellent European art centers from Finland to Greece. During the meeting in ONASSIS STEGI in Athens, Greece from January 12 until 17 RIXC will be represented by Agnese Baranova and Līga Vēliņa. The jury will select artists for residencies from more than 700 proposals according to commonly developed criteria, the artists will be invited for 2 months residency in one of 11 media art centers .
The new European Media Art Platform offers residencies for emerging media artists in the fields of digital media including Internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers, and those working in media based performance, sound or video as well as robotics or bio-art.
EMAP partner organizations:
• Ars Electronica, Linz, Austria
• Οnassis Cultural Centre Athens, Greece
• Bandits Mages, Bourges, France
• FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology), Liverpool, England
• Impakt, Utrecht, the Netherlands
• KONTEJNER | biro suvremene umjetničke prakse, Zagreb, Croatia
• LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Gijón, Spain
• M-cult, Helsinki, Finland
• RIXC Center for New Media Culture, Riga, Latvia
• Centrum Sztuki WRO / WRO Art Center, Wroclaw, Poland
• Werkleitz Gesellschaft, Halle (Saale), Germany
More detailed information about EMAP: http://emare.eu/
Support: European Union Programme "Creative Europe"
+371 67228478 (office)
+371 26546776 (Rasa Smite)