Photos of Arts and Science Festival Open Field 2016 are available on RIXC flickr page:
Open Fields conference >>>here
Open Fields exhibition opening >>>here
Open Fields exhibition >>>here
Open Fields festival closing >>>here
Conference and Exhibition
in the framework of RIXC Art Science Festival 2016
Riga, September 29 – October 1, 2016
Venue: The National Library of Latvia
Open Fields is the title of 2016 international conference and exhibition taking place in the framework of the annual RIXC Art Science Festival in Riga, from September 29 until October 1, 2016, focusing on new aesthetics, contemporary conditions, digital practices and the post-media situation. Since the first festival took place twenty years ago, the festival has grown and developed into an annual gathering for international scholars and artists working at the intersection of arts, humanities and science. The Open Fields Festival edition aims to present the most innovative approaches in artistic research, and to discuss the changing role of the arts, their transformative potential, and relation to the sciences.
Conference Public Keynote Speakers:
* Prof. Christiane PAUL / Dr. Jussi PARIKKA / Monica BELLO /
We received more then 120 compelling abstracts from around the world, out of which the conference reviewers board selected 80 proposals. Overall, this year we expect that together with the invited keynote speakers, featured session participants, and exhibition artists, more then 100 participants from 30 countries will participate in the festival, representing more then 60 universities, art centres, museums, institutions and companies, as well as independent artists, scientists and scholars from different fields, who are engaged in exploring the transformative potential of the arts.
* Organizer: RIXC Center for New Media Culture.
* Partners: Conference and Exhibition is organized by RIXC in collaboration with the Art Research Lab of Liepaja University, the Art Academy of Latvia and Changing Weathers – Creative Europe’s project partners (http://www.changingweathers.net/)
* Exhibition partner: the National Library of Latvia
* Contact: rixc (at) rixc.org,
Address: RIXC, Maskavas iela 4, Riga, LV-1050, Latvia
Phone: +371 67228478 (office), +371 26546776 (Rasa Smite)
* Support: EU Program Creative Europe, the State Culture Capital Foundation of Latvia, Riga City Council, the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Latvia, Goethe Institute Riga, Mondriaan Fund.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW
for the OPEN FIELDS conference:
+371 67228478 (office)
+371 26546776 (Rasa Smite)