Following many requests by artist-reaserchers community, we have extended the Open Fields conference proposal deadline until June 27, 2016, midnight Latvia time (Eastern European Summer Time UTC +3).
We welcome proposals by scholars, artists, artists-scholars, designers, PhD researchers, curators, media theorists, art historians, science philosophers, cultural innovators, bio-hackers, critical engineers and data designers, as well as scientists from different Fields – biology, ecology, environment, digital technologies, renewable energy, and others, who are engaged in the transformative potential of arts.
Conference themes include:
* investigating contemporaneity, its representation and experience in and through artistic practice and art-science research
* data visualization, and its impact on art, science and contemporary aesthetics
* art and science – challenging new ways of knowledge creation and its representation
* changing weathers – networked responses to geophysical and geopolitical shifts across Europe and the globe
* eco-aesthetics – from sustainable architecture and critical design to techno-ecological art practices
Conference proposal should consist of:
* title and abstract (250 words),
* 5–6 keywords,
* and short author's biography (160 words).
Please submit your proposals online:
DEADLINE FOR EXHIBITION PROPOSALS:
June 20, 2016 (CLOSED)
Curated and peer-reviewed, the Festival Exhibition welcomes proposals by artists, artists-researchers, artists-engineers, data designers, as well as practice-based doctoral students, who are challenging the notion of art and contemporary aesthetics by moving across, bringing together and converging different knowledge, various media and diverse Fields, as well as by those, who are using scientific, cultural and social data as new artistic medium, interpreting them in a new and meaningful ways.
Artwork submissions should include:
* description of idea and technical requirements (1–2 pages),
* short biography and/or portfolio,
* additional material (photos/video/links/etc.)
Please submit your artwork proposal via e-mail to the address:
rixc (at) rixc.org
Additional material, if the files are larger than 5MB, should be sent via wetransfer.com.
+371 67228478 (office)
+371 26546776 (Rasa Smite)