Join the Gdańsk Artathon organized by Laznia on October 18th from 11:00 to 15:00 (Riga, Latvia time) online on Zoom! The artathon will explore the topic of Contemporary democracy: threats and opportunities arising from technological developments!
APPLY NOW if:
- you are interested in building a more friendly and sustainable Europe
- you want to contribute to the discussion on the state of European democracy
- you want to contribute to the diagnosis of the challenges posed to today's "digitally immersed" societies by the rapid development of technology
- you want to contribute to the creation of a democratic and just digital future
- you want to contribute to the use of digital tools to create a space for open dialogue, development and social inclusion
- you are between 15 and 35 years old
- you communicate in English,
Every vote is important!!!!
Five groups of young people, with the support of professional facilitators, experts and artists, will work on a report on the state of contemporary democracy, the threats and opportunities arising from technological developments.
Who decides - us or the algorithms? Are social media inclusive? These are, among others, the questions to which you will be seeking solutions during a two-hour online workshop together with peers from Italy, Germany, Spain, Latvia and Poland.
The meeting takes place in the frames of the international project AUGE 2nd
Five themes of the October meeting:
On site, at LAZNIA CCA
1.Nothing about us without us? - models of inclusive democracy
Online, connected to 5 European Cities
2. Human avatars: image standards imposed by the media vs health
3. Impact of ideology on the body and public health
4. Digital Architects of Socio-Political Reality
5. Download the app: Democracy 2.0: Democracy in an immersive/digital world
Sign up for the theme that sounds interesting to you! Due to the limited number of places (25 per theme), we cannot guarantee your participation in the chosen group. Assignment to a group is determined on a first-come, first-served basis.
The artathon will be held in English.
11:00 Welcome and presentation of the event – LAZNIA CCA + Cittiaux Maud (AUGE Next Project Officer)
11:10 Inspiration Artist Talk “Performatics of the Internet in the context of artivism and the democratisation of Art" – Filip Ignatowicz (30 min)
11:40 Inspiration Scientist Talk “Challenges for Young Europeans - can we speak about the homogenous generation?”– Magdalena Żadkowska (20 min)
12:00 Co-creation session, working in groups – 2h
14:00 Presentation of the groups’ outcomes – 30 min
14:30 Conclusions by AUGE partners & PO
We are offering 2 prizes of €600 for each project submitted by the Artathon participants after the meeting in Gdańsk. One of the projects will be presented at the Milan MEET Cultural Centre in 2024 during the final event (travel costs will be covered for the selected winner or the group representative). The link will be shared after the event.
Please fill this form to participate:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScPDn-OyJ0FVb_bnXLzMQ9dtWYos-skyJ84QbQ0301zTUmdUg/viewform
The Artathon takes places as part of the AUGE 2ND project funded by the Citizens, Equality, Rights and Values Programme (CERV) of the European Union.
Project partners: MEET (Milan), PAL (Berlin), RIXC (Riga), Espronceda (Barcelona), LAZNIA CCA (Gdańsk).
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
+371 67228478 (office)
+371 26546776 (Rasa Smite)