The collective work, founded in 2000, of the Paris-based conceptual group, Bureau d'études, knits a special path between art, theory and research, most recently realizing a number of diagrammatic wall charts on the ownership ties between transnational organizations and states, and synoptic views of the world monetary game. Shield-like forms are emblazoned with the names of states, regulatory bodies, think tanks, financial firms and corporations.
Bureau d'études create a unique codification that transforms information from military institutions, intelligence agencies, weapon makers, satellite companies, telecom, defense agencies and media groups, counter-information from autonomous zones, manifestos, constitutions into vocabularies of action and reflection. With an aesthetic of their own, these vocabularies constitute a powerful message which tracing the underside of capitalist, dissendent and anarchist positions.
Their cartographies become collaborative tools to further uncover global power relations, and act to empower greater social exchange, dialogue, education and truth. http://bureaudetudes.org
Since 2009 Organization and development of a cultural factory in a farm in the center of France (2009 -)
- "Arte Utile Museum " , Van Abbe Museum, Eindhoven, December 2013-March 2014
- "Biennal de nuevo media 11", Santiago de Chili, Chili, october 2013
- "Bunny Smash", MOT (Museum of contemporary Art Tokyo), curated by Yuko Hasegawa, october 2013-january 2014
- "Bild - Gegenbild" Haus der Kunst, Munich, 10.06 - 16.09 2012
- Kunst und Klimat, Linz, Austria, 2012-2013